Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
C * 23 * MD * Friday Lunch Ride * 9:30am * WCP
Friday, July 02, 2021, 9:30 AM until 2:00 PM
Winding Creek Park
12326 Dewey Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20906
7:55am 7/2 Update: Ride is on. Weather forecast indicates rain should stop by 9am.
~23 miles RT. 9:30 start from Winding Creek Park (~1.4 miles north of usual VMP start). We will ride north past Olney Ale House & have rest stop/lunch (hopefully outside) at Villa Maya ~mile 18. After lunch, a little over 5 miles back to WCP. Ride will be mostly roads, with short sections on paved bike trails, e.g. GA Av Trail.
Ride will be a little hillier than some of the other Friday Lunch Rides. Ride will be C pace, averaging ~10-12 mph overall, faster on flat roads & slower when hills; see the Ride Class Table (https://www.potomacpedalers.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=495413&module_id=452207 ) for more info on ride classes and average speeds.
• Participation is limited to those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID. According to the CDC, you're not considered fully vaccinated until it's been at least two weeks since your second dose of a two-dose series like Pfizer's or Moderna's vaccine, or it's been two weeks since you received a single-dose vaccine like Johnson&Johnson (aka Janssen).
• Registering for ride required at least by 7am on 7/2 & participation is limited to first 15 people.
• Helmets are required.
• No earbuds or headphones.
• Road/Drop handlebars require end plugs or similar.(I don’t want to ever see a handlebar take a core sample out of anyone’s thigh).
• Also, see PPTC “RIDE GUIDELINES DURING COVID-19” at https://www.potomacpedalers.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=495413&module_id=448936
*Social ride where we try to stay within sight. However, if you prefer to ride at your own (faster or slower) pace, then please let me know & I will bring a printed cue for you.
*Don't forget face mask, lock, helmet & lunch money/CC. Please arrive in time to roll @9:30.