Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
C * 25 * MD * Friday Lunch Ride * 9:15am * VMP
Friday, July 16, 2021, 9:15 AM until 1:30 PM
Veirs Mill Park
4425 Garrett Park Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20906
*~25 miles. 9:15 start from Veirs Mill Park. We will ride south on Beach a little, then loop to the West, ride North of Rockville and then to Rockville Town Center at ~mile 18 for lunch at 1st Watch (hopefully outside). After lunch, a little over 7 miles back to VMP. Ride will be mostly on roads, with a few miles on paved bike trails.
*Ride will hillier than last week, at a C pace, averaging ~11-13 mph overall, faster on flat roads & slower when hills; see the Ride Class Table (https://www.potomacpedalers.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=495413&module_id=452207 ) for more info on ride classes and average speeds.
• Participation is limited to those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID. According to the CDC, you're not considered fully vaccinated until it's been at least two weeks since your second dose of a two-dose series like Pfizer's or Moderna's vaccine, or it's been two weeks since you received a single-dose vaccine like Johnson & Johnson (aka Janssen).
• Registering for ride required at least by day before ride and participation is limited to first 15 people.
• Helmets are required.
• No earbuds or headphones.
• Road/Drop handlebars require end plugs or similar. (I don’t want to ever see a handlebar take a core sample out of anyone’s thigh).
• Also, see PPTC “RIDE GUIDELINES DURING COVID-19” at https://www.potomacpedalers.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=495413&module_id=448936
*Social ride where we try to stay within sight. However, if you prefer to ride at your own (faster or slower) pace, then please let me know & I will bring a printed cue sheet for you.
*Don't forget face mask, lock, helmet, & lunch money/CC. Please arrive in time to roll @9:15.