Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
C * 27 * MD * Friday Lunch Ride * 9:20am * VMP
Friday, July 23, 2021, 9:20 AM until 1:20 PM
Veirs Mill Park Recreation Center
4425 Garrett Park Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20906
Registration is closed - Event is full
***Change in plans: Unfortunately Black Market Bistro cannot accommodate us. So instead we will be going to North Bethesda (355 just North of Montrose) to SlapFish and/or Cava. Total miles will be the same, but a few more miles after lunch.
*~27 miles. 9:20 Start from Veirs Mill Park. We will ride south on Beach Dr and then back north to lunch (hopefully outside) at ~mile 26. Ride will be almost entirely on roads (some sections closed to cars), with only ~1 mile on paved Rock Creek Trail.
* Route is mostly flat with a couple significant hills. Ride will be C pace, averaging ~13 mph overall, faster on flat roads & slower when hills; see the Ride Class Table (https://www.potomacpedalers.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=495413&module_id=452207 ) for more info on ride classes and average speeds.
• Participation is limited to those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID. According to the CDC, you're not considered fully vaccinated until it's been at least two weeks since your second dose of a two-dose series like Pfizer's or Moderna's vaccine, or it's been two weeks since you received a single-dose vaccine like Johnson & Johnson (aka Janssen).
• Registering for ride required at least by day before ride and participation is limited to first 15 people.
• Helmets are required.
• No earbuds or headphones.
• Road/Drop handlebars require end plugs or similar. (I don’t want to ever see a handlebar take a core sample out of anyone’s thigh.)
• Also, see PPTC “RIDE GUIDELINES DURING COVID-19” at https://www.potomacpedalers.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=49
*Don't forget face mask, lock, helmet, & lunch money/CC. Please arrive in time to roll @9:20.