October 14-16, 2022
The popular, all-inclusive Lewes, Delaware weekend returns in mid-October 2022. For over 30 years the Beacon Inn has welcomed Potomac Pedalers to this coastal town. Join us as we cycle this bike-friendly state during the quiet off- peak autumn with ocean-moderated temperatures. Lewes is a small, picturesque, and historic town near Rehoboth Beach and was the first state to ratify the Constitution. This weekend attracts returning Pedalers as well as nonmember cyclists from the surrounding area. Attendance is limited to 75 people so sign up early to reserve your spot. Registration is online only via the PPTC website.
Rides range in length from 10 to 65+ miles and are flat, although there are usually headwinds at the beach. Many rides visit nearby wildlife refuges, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, and remote beaches. We also have rides that stay east of Route 1 and tour Lewes or travel to Rehoboth Beach via bike paths. Depending on the ride you choose, some begin at the Beacon Inn and some have a remote start after a short drive to parking areas west of Route 1.
PPTC member price for the weekend is $300 for single occupancy and $235 per person for doubles ($470 double rate); non-members add $25 each. The prices are the same for non-cycling spouses or guests. If you are coming alone but would like to share a room, we can assign a roommate (double occupancy only). If you are interested in a triple room, please contact Cindy Marisch for pricing and availability. Hotel rooms have two double beds, or a queen bed, or a king bed. All have refrigerators. The Beacon Motel does not allow pets and is non-smoking.
The cost of the weekend includes the following:
· Two nights at Beacon Inn located two blocks from the center of town and .4 mile from the beach.
· Locked storage room for bikes or keep in your car.
· Cue sheets are available at PPTC’s RideWithGPS account under the event tab at “PPTC Lewes Weekend” and under the collections tab at “Lewes.” Hardcopy cues will also be available at the Beacon Inn starting Friday at noon.
· Rides of various lengths available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
· Ice Cream Social/Welcome Party Friday night at the Inn. Weekend schedule and rides briefed.
· Continental Breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning at the motel.
· Lunch fixings for a bag-lunch on Saturday to take with you on the ride.
· BYO Wine and Beer Happy Hour on Saturday at the motel before dinner. Various food trays provided.
· Pizza dinner Saturday night at the Beacon Inn. Come ready to socialize and relax!
· Free late checkout on Sunday with advance notice to hotel front desk.
Your hosts once again are Cindy Marisch and Bettina Myers. Cindy is responsible for registration and cue sheets. If you have questions about your registration, please contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-243-4576. Bettina is responsible for food catering. If you are vegetarian, vegan, or have any other special dietary needs, please contact Bettina at least two weeks prior to the ride weekend at email@example.com or 202-577-5278 so we can accommodate your needs accordingly.
Note: Your registration will be under the PPTC group and not your individual names. The cost for the weekend includes food and lodging and cannot be separated. Registration for this weekend must be completed through PPTC online, not directly through the Beacon. If you have questions about the Beacon Inn directly, please check their website www.beaconinnlewes.com. Address is 514 E. Savannah Rd. Lewes, DE 19958
CANCELLATION POLICY: Before September 30th, full refund (minus $25 per person cancellation charge). After September 30th, no refunds.