Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Lewes, DE Weekend
This popular weekend returns in 2021 with a new fall date. Join us as we enjoy cycling in this bike-friendly state during the peak of fall foliage and with ocean-moderated temperatures. Lewes is a small, picturesque, and historic town near Rehoboth Beach in the first state that ratified the Constitution. This weekend attracts many returning Pedalers as well as other cyclists from the surrounding area. Attendance is limited to 80 people so sign up early to reserve your spot. Although this event ends on Sunday, note that Monday, October 11th is a federal holiday, Columbus Day, (or Indigenous Peoples’ Day). Consider adding an extra night on your own to take advantage of the 3-day weekend.
Rides range in length from 10 to 65+ miles and are flat, although there are usually headwinds at the beach. Many rides visit nearby wildlife refuges, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, and remote beaches. We also have rides that stay east of Route 1 and tour Lewes or travel to Rehoboth Beach via bike paths. Depending on the ride you choose, some begin at the Beacon Motel and some have a remote start.
The cost of the weekend includes the following:
- Nice motel two blocks from the center of town and .4 mile from the beach.
- Locked storage room for bikes or keep in your car.
- Cue sheets will be available at the Beacon Motel starting Friday at noon.
- Rides of various lengths available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Ice Cream Social/Welcome Party Friday night at the motel.
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning at the motel.
- Lunch fixings for a bag-lunch on Saturday to take with you on the ride.
- BYO Wine and Beer party on Saturday at the motel before dinner. Snacks provided.
- Buffet dinner Saturday night in downtown Lewes, a short walk from the motel (cash bar available).
- Free late checkout on Sunday with advance notice to hotel front desk.
Friday, October 08, 2021 to Sunday, October 10, 2021
514 E Savannah Rd
Lewes, DE 19958
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
The Beacon Hotel does not allow pets and is non-smoking. Your registration will be under the PPTC group and not your individual names. The cost for the weekend includes food and lodging and cannot be separated. Registration at the Beacon for this weekend must be completed through PPTC online, not directly through the Beacon. If you have questions about the Beacon Motel itself, please check their website www.beaconmotel.com. There is a $25 cancellation fee for the event should you cancel.
Registration cancellations will be accepted until Friday, September 24, 2021 at 5:00 PM
(Click the down-arrow to the left of the activity/item to view the details)